My second grader's End-of-the-year homework assignment is to make something for economics fair. Each second grader need to make 20 of the same things and sell them in the fair. Kids will use their fake money and buy the items from each other. It is a good idea to teach kids about money.
We brainstormed a lot of things like
- Soft toys using pompoms and pipe cleaners
- Stress balls using Orbeez
Finally we decided on making these Monster pencil toppers.
To make these you need:
1. Glue eyes on the pompomps
2. Cut each pipe cleaner into 2 small pieces for horns and use the rest as a tail. Stick them to pompom using glue.
3. Instead of sticking it on the pencil just wrap them around the pencil and Voilà the pencil toppers are ready.